What is a Latex mattress?
Latex mattress uses two to four different layers of latex foams – and is one of the best organically sourced options available. Also, there are three different types of latex foams available – Natural, Blended, and Synthetic.
- Natural latex is a durable, supportive, and eco-friendly version of the mattress. As derived from the milk-like sap of rubber trees, it offers better comfort.
- The Blended option of the mattress is less toxic, as it’s made from 70% synthetic and 30% natural latex. And it lasts longer than the other options available.
- The synthetic mattress uses rubber-like plastic known as styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR). Though the type is safe and affordable – it is not that durable. Besides, off-gassing chemicals can cause allergic reactions in most cases.
Most people prefer latex mattresses because of their benefits and comfort, so let us dive deep – and look at some benefits of Latex mattresses.
What are the benefits of a Latex Mattress?
1. Offers durability
Latex mattress uses rubber tree sap in the manufacturing process, making them more durable.
- Much like the usefulness of other rubber products, it provides a surety that the mattress will stay the same for a long time.
- And with the right maintenance and care, it can stay for up to 15 years – looking the same.
However, it is the reason – why latex foams are less available in the market. Although it is more expensive than memory foam, its long-lasting investment value is higher. Simply put, the durability of the latex foam outweighs its cost.
2. Total comfort
The latex mattress is synonymous with comfort. A normal foam mattress might be soft to touch with a slow response rate; a latex mattress provides you with a different comfort level.
- They are highly responsive and contour your body better than other options.
- Also, it comes with a motion isolation feature, which means that you won’t fall off the bed even if you’re sleeping on the edge.
If comfort is on your mind – and you don’t want to compromise on the quality, your first choice should be a latex mattress.
- Once you use the mattress, you won’t be able to switch to other options. Besides, a natural latex mattress is an all-rounder option you can consider.
3. Complete back support
The elastic-like properties and medium-firm density of the mattress provide complete back support.
- Unlike other memory foams and mattresses available, latex mattress sinks to only some level. It aligns with your body shape – and does not exert added pressure.
- Additionally, it provides support and maintains the S-shape of your spine.
- And since it’s naturally sourced, it is less likely to lose its shape over time.
The high responsiveness of the mattress ensures that you get immediate relief in your pain areas. Latex mattresses are listed in orthopedic mattresses because of the same feature.
4. Mold resistant
Latex material is resistant to fungi or mold. The natural rubber sap used in the manufacturing process makes it – mold resistant.
- But there are few additives in the process that makes it completely mold resistant.
- Even if your bed attracts the mold, it won’t settle on the foam, which is a huge benefit.
However, if you don’t take proper care or if the off-gassing period of the mattress is over, there is a possibility of mold development.
But the thing is – any damp material attracts infestations or if there is no proper hygiene. You need to make sure that the mattress remains dry and dust-free for keeping it mold-free.
5. Organic mattress
People prefer everything organic today – from vegetables to clothes. Righty so, if the things are environmentally friendly, you can make a small contribution to save the planet.
- The pure latex mattress is the eco-friendly option available.
- The foam manufacturing requires little or no artificial additives, and it can last for 10 to 15 years.
- Additionally, it minimizes the strain on rubber trees, thus reducing the overall ecological footprint.
The latex mattress is one of the longest-lasting products that offers benefits all around. Moreover, some manufacturers also recycle old latex mattresses after treating them with cleaning agents.
6. Low maintenance and hypoallergenic
One of the best features of a latex mattress is – that it is low on maintenance.
- As the mattress is mold and dust resistant, it does not trap any allergens, which requires lesser cleaning. However, you need to ensure that the mattress does not collect any dust apart from the design – and maintains itself. And, that’s when it can last up to 15 years with less wear and tear.
As latex mattresses are naturally microbial, they repel the microorganisms – making them an excellent choice for people with allergy problems. Being hypoallergic makes sure you sleep in hygienic conditions.
7. Dust and mites resistant
As made from high-density foam and natural rubber – it does not attract any dust, allergens, or mites which get you rid from mattress deep cleaning every time.
- Most mattresses have zero static electricity in high-density materials, making them hypoallergenic to use.
- However, some mattresses come with a cellular design, where there can be chances of dust settling. But you can brush off the dust with a cloth or your hand.
- A latex mattress is the best option for people who have lung irritation because of PU Foam. You will be able to breathe easily with natural latex foam.
8. Visual appeal and design
Compared to other mattress types, the latex mattress has great medium-firm surface support – making it look visually appealing.
- Also, it makes sense the mattress has the aesthetic to touch – because of the durability it offers.
- Most mattresses come with semi cellular structure – making it easier for you to move on the surface.
- In addition to the standard white color, the mattresses look visually appealing – and are the first choice in luxury establishments.
However, it is a good idea to use a mattress correctly to maintain its aesthetic appeal and looks for years.
Latex mattresses do outweigh the one-time price investment. Besides, it comes with – so many advantages and features that you will be compelled to buy it.
The mattress gives you healthy, hygienic, and high-quality sleep – which will reduce your stress and enhance your sleep quality.
With orthopedic support, it maintains good health. Beds with natural latex are sustainable and eco-friendly, so it is time to make a wise choice.