What is Inverter AC?
Are you planning to buy brand new AC for your home and seeking for AC buying guide? Then it is important to clear the differences between inverter vs Non inverter AC.
Inverter AC is just like normal AC fitted with converting frequency device to regulate the speed of the compressor motor to give uniform cooling.
Normal AC consists of an on-off compressor that either runs at full speed to cool the place and turns off automatically once the temperature drops to the desired level.
In inverter AC, a normal on-off type compressor is replaced by a frequency regulating compressor to provide uniform cooling all the time.
These days frequency converting device is used in many electronic appliances to maximize the efficiency of the appliances.
What is inverter technology in AC?
An inverter technology comprises a special device that regulates the electric current flow to the compressor. Adjusted current controls the flow of refrigerant gas releasing from the compressor.
In inverter type, Air conditioner compressor performs in a shorter time, with higher RPM to achieve faster cooling. Once it achieves the desired temperature it continues to run at a slower speed to minimize the electric power consumption. After it uses the process to check the surrounding temperature and adjust the compressor motor speed to keep a uniform cooling effect.
While in a non-inverter air conditioner its compressor works on a start-stop cycle to cool and stop once desired temperature is achieved and starts again after the temperature starts to rise. In this process of start and stop power consumption goes down once the compressor gets off, but consumption of energy goes sharply at the time of restart.
How Inverter Ac works?
What is dual inverter AC?
Dual inverter AC advanced form of inverter Air Conditioning and is gaining popularity these days. Many popular brands of electronic appliances focussing on dual inverter technology. It comprises a twin rotary inside the compressor to provide higher compression at reduced speed.
Two rotaries prevent high-speed operation single rotary resulting in a reduction in noise, vibration, and power usage. It also allows the compressor to perform more stable, and energy-efficient operations.
Key Advantages of Inverter AC
- Faster cooling
- No temperature fluctuation
- Energy Efficient
- Environment Friendly
- Soundless Operation
- No reset requires after the power cut
- Longer Lifespan
Major Advantages of Inverter AC
- Faster Cooling- Inverter AC compressor operates at maximum capacity to achieve faster cooling.
- Energy Saving- Inverter air conditioner Simply adjusts the level of air output to achieve a constant and comfortable temperature, these features combined cut your energy usage by almost 50%.
- Comfortable- Provides comfortable by faster cooling and heating, steadily maintain operating with minimal temperature fluctuation.
- Wider Temp Range- Inverter Air conditioner possesses a wider temperature operating range from -15 degrees to 50 Degree.
- Powerful Defrosting- By increasing the compressor output inverter AC achieves faster defrosting.
- Safer Performance- Inverter AC is safer than other AC, as it starts up at electric current at the lowest to 1.5 times of rated current, whereas normal AC starts at 5 to 6 times higher than rated current.
- Silent Operation- Replacement of on-off compressor with smooth, and continuous operating compressor, inverter AC makes very little or no noise.
- No reset after a power cut- Inverter doesn’t demand any reset after a power cut.
- Environment Friendly- R410 type of compressor in inverter AC are CFC free makes it more environment friendly especially for the ozone layer in the environment.
Disadvantages of inverter AC
- High Pricing- Auto frequency adjusting compressor inside inverter AC make this costlier option to choose.
- High Maintenance Cost- Complex hardware and a higher number of moving parts demands more maintenance costs.
- High Operational Cost- If there is irregular air leakage in the room, the compressor will keep running at a higher speed utilizing more electric current.
Difference between Inverter vs Non-inverter AC (Normal AC)
|Characteristics||Non-Inverter AC||Inverter AC|
|Operation||The compressor of non-inverter AC runs at a fixed speed to cool the room at the desired temperature to cut off and start again on warming.||Compressor runs at variable speed, adjusts to slower speed once the desired temperature is achieved, and speeds up on temperature rising.|
|Energy Consumption||A large amount of electricity is consumed every time the compressor restarts.||Continuous but steady working of the compressor save energy required to repetitive on-off of the compressor every time.|
|Noise||The continuous on-off function of the compressor. Non-inverter AC outdoor unit causes significant noise.||A compressor does not go on and off, makes inverter AC working smoother and quieter.|
|Compressor||Auto shut down compressor runs at full power and shuts down at no power.||Compressor runs all the time effectively using energy by speed up or speed down to maintain the temperature.|
|Electricity Bills||Increases the spending on electricity bills.||Cut down the electricity bill by 30 to 50%.|
|Cooling Efficiency||Creates uneven cooling by an on-off compressor mechanism.||Creates uniform cooling effect by adjusting the compressor speed.|
|Costing||Less costly as compared to inverter AC.||It is an expensive but long-term investment.|
|Ozone Layer Friendliness||Generally, use R22 refrigerant which causes harm to the ozone layer by releasing HCFC.||R410A or R32 refrigerant makes it more environmentally friendly.|
|Lifespan||A harder working mechanism causes wear and tear making it less durable.||Smoother and continues operation causing less wear and tear makes it last longer.|
|Ideal for||Ideal for places with occasional use of AC for less than 5 to 6 hours a day.||Ideal for home or commercial spaces that demands continuous operation for more than 12 hours a day.|
|Maintenance||Low maintenance and spare parts cost.||High maintenance and spare parts cost.|
Now we are cleared with the differences between non inverter AC and inverter AC. We can conclude that inverter AC has a lot of advantages, but it is a costlier option to install. It is advised to select an Air conditioner that suits your needs, budget.
If you use AC for more than 4 to 5 hours a day then, inverter AC is the best option to choose. Although initial costing is more it saves on maintenance cost and electricity bill spending later.
If your use is less than 4 to 5 hours daily that too in summer then opting for normal AC can be the more suitable choice to make.