The oven has been part of daily life whether we have to quickly reheat the refrigerated food to eat or have to try hands on the new experimental dishes that require ovens.
This article is for all who are confused between types of microwave ovens and the difference between convection microwave ovens and other types of microwave ovens available in the market. We will have a look at all the features of convection microwave ovens and what makes them a better choice over other types of microwave ovens.
Firstly, we need to understand what is a microwave oven?
A microwave oven is a box-shaped electronic appliance used for cooking. In a microwave oven, an electron tube called a magnetron transfer electric current into high-frequency electromagnetic waves. These High-frequency waves travel rapidly inside the oven and penetrate through the surface of food causing to cook it evenly.
What are the different types of microwave ovens present in the market?
Basically, there are three types of microwave ovens are present: Solo, Grill, and Convection.
Continue reading this article to get to know about the uses, watts, capacity, price range, and other features of the convection microwave ovens.
What is a convection microwave oven?
Convection microwave ovens are a modern type of microwave oven consisting of additional features of baking, grilling, and crisping along with all the features of traditional microwaves.
What is meant by convection in a convection microwave oven?
Convection is the process of heat exchange based on natural air movement. In this type of microwave eternal convection process takes place where the cold layer gets lighter when heated and rises up and the upper heavier cold layer gets down.
A convection microwave oven uses a heat element and fan for the airflow circulation. As a result of the warmed airflow internal temperature of the microwave rises up. On reaching the required temperature fan automatically turns off. It gets restart when the temperature gets decreased.
The convection feature widens up the opportunities of the device in preparation for a range of dishes that are impossible to cook with traditional microwaves.
This convection principle allows to roast meat, bake cake, biscuits, cookies, pizza.
Advantages of Convection microwave oven
1. Evenly Cooking- Because of the warm air circulation, it allows food to cook evenly.
2. Faster cooking- A preheated feature of the convection microwave oven reduces the cooking time and allows faster cooking.
3. Energy Efficient- Convection microwave uses fans to regulate the hot air inside to get faster cooking which saves a lot of energy.
4. Keeps the flavors Intact- Evenly cooking offers the inside out cooking of the food which helps in retaining the actual flavors.
5. Variety of Dishes- Convection microwave ovens are versatile, it can be used for roast, toast, bake, cook, boil, steam, grill, and defrost.
6. Risk-Free- As convection microwave comes with auto shut-off feature. This features auto shut-off the oven after getting too hot which reduces the accidental risk of blowing out.
7. Saves Space- Compact designs of a convection microwave oven allows utilizing the small space of your kitchen.
8. Easy Cleaning- Compact design makes its cleaning easier.
Points to consider while choosing the right Convection microwave oven.
1. Power requirement- Convection oven uses more energy hence it necessary to consider your electric wire potential. It needs an autonomous power plug.
2. Inner coating- Convection microwave comes with a variety of internal coating.
a. An Enamel Coating- Low-cost models usually have an enamel coating. It can easily get damaged and pretty hard to clean.
b. Stainless Steel Coating- Although stainless steel interior makes cooking faster, but it soaks the smell of cooked dishes and gets scratches after a few uses.
c. Ceramic Coating- It looks nice and easy to clean. It has antibacterial properties. But it takes more time for cooking.
d. Acrylic Coating- Its power does not exceed over 1400 W and generally used in low coast models.
3. Various modes – It advisable to check the features provided by the oven. Check does it provide the options for steaming, baking, and grilling.
4. Auto shut-off function- Check if the device comes with an auto shut-off function that can provide you risk-free cooking.
I hope these points will get you to clear understanding your needs and select the best convection microwave oven that best fits your needs.
Along with the convection microwave oven, there are three more types of microwave oven called solo microwave oven, Grill microwave oven, and OTG oven.
Solo microwave is the cheapest among the three types of microwaves. It is basically designed to reheat the food and beverages and defrost the refrigerated food items.
The turntable inside the microwave rotates the food item circularly and electromagnetic radiation provides the heat for cooking.
Solo microwaves can be used for commercial as well and domestic purposes.
Grill Microwave Oven
Grill microwave ovens most common and are slightly expensive than solo microwave ovens. It has every feature of the solo microwave oven plus it has the additional features of grilling. You don’t need to buy a separate griller if you have a Grill microwave oven.
Grilling coils installed inside the oven allows food to toast, grill, and roast.
OTG oven named over its features like oven, toaster, and griller. It is smaller in size than the microwave and the lower price of the OTG oven makes it economical.
The decision of buying a particular type of microwave oven totally depends on what type of recipes you cook. We hope this article will help to make better choices while buying for your home.